ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As part of the Open Text Variable Compensation Team, the Manager, Variable Compensation Accounting will lead Global Variable Compensation Processing to ensure that all parts of the variable compensation process are handled effectively and efficiently. The responsibilities include system development, providing direction and leadership for Variable Compensation Team members.
The individual will have a proven track record that demonstrates strong ability to analyze and clearly communicate financial information. The Manager will be a self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks in the face of changing priorities and conflicting goals. This role requires the skill of establishing and building credibility with functional and business unit managers in order to gain their support with respect to innovative ideas and approaches. Experience in a complex environment with multiple financial systems is an asset.
You are great at:
- Manage the world-wide variable compensation process including payment calculations, approvals and mediation of compensation issues for commissions, and other VC programs to ensure fiduciary, regulatory and plan provision requirements are met.
- Ensure delivery of top-notch customer service by creating an environment that focuses on ongoing process improvement, enhanced customer experience, strong partnerships and “doing it right the first time”.
- Perform staff support activities needed for the development, implementation, communication and administration of variable compensation programs, plans and policies including the preparation of Compensation Review Board materials.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Controllers, Sales Operations and FP&A to ensure worldwide variable compensation is processed accurately as well as fairly and consistently.
- Support the annual VC plan renewal process, including participation in plan design and system changes. Manages the annual plan distribution processes.
- Experience with administration systems, including ability to support requirements development and testing
- Working knowledge of general ledger system (Oracle, Great Plains, SAP, etc.)
What it takes:
6-9 years’ experience in a managerial position, preferably in a customer facing area
Exceptional skills in building partnerships and change management with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
Excellent communications skills, experienced at senior levels and across functional areas.
Strategic thinker who is also detail oriented and deadline driven.
Organized with an ability to balance multiple tactical and strategic projects in a fast paced environment.
Must possess experience in financial analysis, compensation planning/administration, systems support and customer training
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree or College diploma. Preference will be given to those possessing or working towards a CPA or equivalent certification.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org