ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
This position has the responsibility of testing and deploying patches to all Test, Dev, QA and Production servers. This would include working with existing automated patching systems, manually patching and working with system owners to establish and maintain appropriate maintenance windows. Other duties with include assisting with integration and consolidation of new and previous acquisitions domain and systems into our standard system infrastructure. The position requires technical knowledge of specific systems and network elements and ability to troubleshoot those elements completely. Occasional outside standard business hours work will be required. If needed, recommend and/or design new solutions to faulty or outdated components within the given production element.
You are great at:
- Monitoring and reviewing automated patching.
- Manually patching systems that are not included in the automated patching process.
- Working with other departments to ensure patching windows are maintained and adhered to.
- Working through a variety of tasks to ensuring no customer impact, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
- Gathering, creating and transitioning system information from acquisition domains and facilitate ownership transition.
- Managing tickets to meet or exceed metrics.
- Developing and maintain production server documentation.
- Cross-Training production support & engineering personnel to ensure knowledge is held by multiple individuals
What it takes:
- 1 to 3 years' of related work experience
- Knowledge of specific production system configuration and its components (hardware, software, configurations, design, etc.).
- Familiar with standard practices and procedures of all components within network element.
- Knowledge of server and system security.
- Knowledge of LINUX/UNIX system administration.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization administration.
- Knowledge of PowerShell Scripting
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org