OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
The Global Sourcing and Procurement team helps maximize value from OpenText’s vendor relationships and ensures our business unit stakeholders have the goods and services they need to succeed. The incumbent will play a key role in managing a category of spend within the Information Technology (“IT”) category, with primary responsibility for Software and Services on a global basis. Key accountabilities include developing sourcing strategies and programs aligning with strategic objectives; enhancing supplier relationships; ensuring commitments are fulfilled to meet internal client’s needs; presenting recommendations and collaborating with senior management and business unit leads.
The incumbent will play a key role in maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and clients.
You are great at:
- Develop and execute category strategies and supplier management best practices to reduce costs and increase supplier performance for the Software & Services category.
- Provide software licensing expertise to business stakeholders to support informed purchase decisions.
- Fully understand OpenText’s vendor software licensing. Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure licensing compliancy.
- Ensure all category related initiatives include requirements globally to maximize OpenText’s purchasing power and leverage.
- Lead RFX planning & execution. Lead cross-functional teams through major sourcing initiatives.
- Manage the supplier selection process and provide analytics to ensure informed decisions.
- Lead commercial negotiations
- Manage and optimize supplier performance, including contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovations, and reduced total cost of ownership.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement within the Sourcing & Procurement Organization
- Participate in financial planning and budgeting development and execution, detailing expected sourcing activity and results for assigned categories.
- Support the identification of post-merger and acquisition contract and software synergies. .
- Benchmark and identify key industry trends which impact the Software category and/or other products/services as assigned.
- Develop a continuous network of both internal and external peer relationships and affiliation with related professional organizations.
- Maintain sound knowledge of industry dynamics and supplier business and pricing models within the category.