OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
Our Collections Specialists are highly self-motivated individuals that efficiently employ sound judgment in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. Their professionalism and dedication to accuracy ensures that all dealings with internal and external customers are addressed promptly within tight time frames.
Initiates outbound contact with customers to negotiate and coordinate the timely payment of outstanding invoices. You are great at:
- Contact customers prior to invoices becoming due to ensure payments are received within approved terms, and maintain current follow up on collection activities.
- To effectively manage all aspects related to the collection of an assigned A/R portfolio while maintaining the highest professional standards in all internal and external customer communication
- Liaison with Sales, Professional Services Project Managers and other internal staff to facilitate collection of invoices and resolution of disputes.
- Identifies and escalates invoice issues to the appropriate individual for resolution and ensures items are followed up on a timely basis.
- Promote and support collaborative “team” environment and individual goal achievement to meet monthly and quarterly metrics provided by management.
- Attend collection status meetings with Supervisor to ensure collection practices are in adherence to documented company polices and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the following software packages would be an asset: SAP, Great Plains, Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL and WORD
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become proficient in multiple platforms to answer customer service inquiries as they relate to customer accounts and collections