Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This position involves being part of a dynamic team environment responsible for integrations with designing, developing and supporting software solutions to meet business requirements.
The position will be primarily focused on the license key generation system integrations between the various software packages deployed at OpenText using vendor APIs and Web Services where applicable but will also include development and maintenance of custom applications including ASP.NET web sites and web single sign-on.
You are great at:
• Contributing to the standardization of system integrations across all of the systems – e.g. coding, reporting, monitoring
• Translating and validating business requirements and transfer into functional/technical requirement documents working within the framework of the tools available
• Interacting with Business representatives to ensure their requirements are being met
• Interacting with IT application leads and SMEs to ensure the data being integrated into the transactional system is being applied appropriately
• Developing solutions to meet the business requirements while meeting time and cost constraints
• Participating in the full software development lifecycle (requirements, design, code, unit test, implementation)
• Adhering to IT Change Management and best practices
• Investigating and fixing advanced (3rd level) application issues
What it takes:
• A bachelor’s degree, College diploma or equivalent experience in software development
• 3+ years of development experience using the Microsoft .net framework (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#)
• 3+ years of developing with 3rd party API’s and Web Services (RESTful and SOAP) with IIS
• 3+ years of development experience working with Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle DB
• An aptitude to learn new technology quickly
• Effective documentation skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to handle multiple streams of work effectively
• Ideal experience but not required: Classic ASP, SAP Web services, Single Sign On Deployments, license key generation solutions
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.