ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Open Text is seeking a Technical Support Specialist. The Technical Support Specialist is an intermediate Level 2/3 support. TSS’s are responsible for numerous B2B (business to business) functions such as production monitoring of data, error analysis, client correspondences (both electronic and phone) as well as deep dive investigation of issues stemming from production failures.
You are great at:
- Providing a high quality technical support, effectively analyzing issues, providing issue resolution, and customer notification.
- Actively participating in self-improvement, process improvement, and technology training programs.
- Continually striving to expand comprehension of troubleshooting methodologies.
- Working cross-functionally within the organization, in a team environment, to deliver quality, satisfaction, and resolutions to the customers.
- Submitting and providing new content to individual and team knowledge base.
- Managing Customer Accounts as requested.
- Participating in documentation and product review.
- May be providing technical leadership and training for new and existing products within technical area.
- Perform other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
What it takes:
- 1+ years of experience in a Technical Support position.
- Post-Secondary education in a Technical field.
- Strong background in UNIX/Linux.
- Experience in Communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, HTTPS).
- Excellent ability to multitask and coordinate with internal resources during major incidents and/or high severity situations.
- A high degree of drive and initiative to provide service excellence.
- Exceptional written and verbal communicational skills.
Hours of Operation: Start time beginning at 12:00am - 8:30am EST Monday – Friday which includes 10% shift premium. Potential on-call rotation. Potential Weekend work.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org