ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Senior Software Developer is a member of one of our Agile based development teams, focusing on development of world class search and document management applications. All of the projects involved have performance and stability requirements, thus a great importance is placed on code quality and thoroughness in design. The developer will be working with leading edge technology; it is an exciting opportunity to design and implement solutions for enterprise level systems.
You are great at:
- Developing new features and maintain existing features for Content Server.
- Developing and re-factor code for high performance, scalability and security.
- Participating in the design and implementation of applications spanning multiple components and processes.
- Receiving direction from the development and site manager.
- Supporting other developers on-site and off-site.
- Providing assistance to customer support, documentation and quality assurance as needed.
- Participating in the software development process from design to release to ensure that everything done is coordinated to solve a customer problem.
What it takes:
- 5+ years of experience developing software in a business environment.
- Experience developing and debugging software on various operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX).
- Experience with SQL, (Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, HANA).
- Background in XML, XSL, RESTful API’s.
- Experience with Java development.
- Familiar with multi-lingual support (Unicode).
- Familiar with source code control systems (CVS, Perforce, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Oscript is considered an asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com