ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
OpenText is seeking a full time Renewals Contract Manager. This is an opportunity to support the Legal and Commercials teams in Sales and Renewals, related to Customer Support governance initiatives, including the preparation, negotiation, administration and management of prospective customer and existing customer contracts. The successful individual will be effective interacting with customers and employees at all levels inside the organization in a fast pasted and dynamic environment.
You are great at:
- Solving business problems and challenges, coordinating business and legal issues and questions, and following up on responses with other departments within the organization.
- Exercising judgment within defined policies and guidelines.
- Reviewing agreements and additional business documents, including but not limited to Software
- Maintenance and Support Program documents, End User License Agreements, Consulting
- Agreements, Escrow Agreement, Addendums, additional business and third party Purchase
- Orders as needed for prospective and existing customers.
- Participating in contract negotiation calls with existing customers and prospective customers to document mutually acceptable agreement terms and incorporate into final drafting of contract documents.
- Serving as a liaison for sales and other departments, using judgment to identify situations which require attention or approval of management.
- Administration of agreements to ensure that the documents adhere to good business and financial practices within the organization.
- Assisting in creation and updates of contract template documents.
- Coordinating and assisting with process development for contract modification tracking and warehousing.
- Assisting with special projects and departmental initiatives as assigned, including ad hoc reporting.
What it takes:
- Post Secondary Education or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of experience in contract management, preferably with a legal background.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and analytical and problem-solving abilities are imperative.
- Superior understanding of contracts and experience dealing with contract review, procurement, and general business acumen (preferably with knowledge of the software licensing and related services agreements or similar field).
- Ability to make confident, supportable decisions in time sensitive situations, escalating to management when appropriate.
- Ability to be proactive with defined Renewals operation objectives, and willingness to take on challenges and new objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail and passion for accuracy.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines, proven effectiveness in delivering fast and accurate client service.
- Comfortable juggling multiple priorities and projects while having strong organization and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office technology, including Word and Excel.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com