Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The selected candidate will be directly responsible for managing a team of UX Interaction Designers and collaborate with the larger global UX Design management team that also includes Visual Design and Usability / Research.
You are great at:
• Leading and managing a team of talented UX Interaction Designers supporting a suite of products.
• Maintaining a cohesive UX strategy for area of immediate responsibility and coordinate with other managers on cross-company UX strategy.
• Mentoring peers, stakeholders, and teammates on user-centered design principles and methodologies.
• Contributing to and help champion UX team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a customer-centered culture.
• Bringing awareness of competitive software and emerging advances in the UX field, including user-centered design methods and state-of-the-art user interface technology, into the company.
What it takes:
• Degree in HCI, Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Science, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related experience. Master’s preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of strong people management experience and 10 plus years of strong software interaction design experience reflected through portfolio / work samples.
Passionate about creating products that best serve the needs of the user
• Effective at influencing and convincing colleagues, and highly motivated to effect change
• Demonstrated results-oriented work ethic and consistent record of meeting deadlines
• Excellent listener, facilitator, communicator, and team player
• Good analytical and organizational skills including the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
• Prior UX experience within an Agile environment an asset
• Knowledge and experience designing and managing teams designing complex Enterprise products would be an asset
• Experience in ECM, SAP, RM, BPM, ERP, WCM preferred
• Experience using common UX design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Invision, or other industry-leading software
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.