Location: Canada, Virtual Canada
Region: CanadaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Technical Consultant, Exstream/StreamServe will provide accurate, timely technical support for OpenText Software to Managed Services customers primarily via the telephone and E-mail. The Consultant will deal with support issues that are complex in nature, carry differing priorities and must be addressed within predetermined service levels, so the Consultant must be adept at balancing multiple priorities. The callers will expect enterprise-level support, therefore the Consultant will need to be well-versed technically, and fully understand customer service concepts. Other objectives are to collect and report upon information gathered from incidents; and to interface with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support/DEV and others as necessary. In addition, the Optimize Service Programs Consultant will carry out projects as assigned by the management staff, cooperate with other Optimize Service Programs Consultants in carrying out their day-to-day duties, and represent OpenText in a visibly supportive manner.
You are great at:
• Researching, resolving and recording all levels of software questions from customers, with an emphasis on the more complex technical and application questions, quickly and repeatedly.
• Performing support primarily via the telephone and E-mail.
• Answering all incoming support calls six or more hours per day.
• Providing support within OpenText’s stated service level goals.
• Recording and maintaining knowledge collected from each incident in accordance with the standard format.
• Working with Support and Development to aid in the resolution of product issues.
• Participating in the testing of new and enhanced products.
• Participating in the QA process by validating and reporting bugs reported by customers.
What it takes:
• 2 years minimum experience in implementation and designing solutions for Open Text Exstream or StreamServe.
• Experience in OpenText Exstream 9.x and above or StreamServe 5.x and above and strong experience in Exstream or StreamServe scripting
• Knowledge in OpenText Exstream or StreamServe administration, Installations, Migration, configuration and setting up connectivity between components.
• Experience in delivering output in various formats like Email, fax, pdf, archiving, Post processor repository etc.
• Microsoft Windows (Operating System and Networking), UNIX (Operating System and Scripting)
• Internet Expertise (including knowledge of browsers, Web servers, proxy servers and firewalls)
• Knowledge of relational databases and data modeling. Proficient in data manipulation (Excel, SQL)
• Familiarity with integrated development environments such as Eclipse
• Experience with OpenText Content Suite
• Experience with TCP/IP, HTML, Java and knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and approaches
• StreamServe or Exstream certification desired
• Degree (or equivalent work experience) preferably in Computer Science.
• Some minor travel may be required.
• This position can be based in the US or Canada
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org