Senior Project Manager, Professional Services
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Senior Project Manager in the OpenText Enterprise Professional Services Delivery organization is a key contributor to the achievement of department goals and initiatives. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to successfully manage the delivery of customer engagements utilizing a variety of OpenText software products and resource types. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing delivery teams composed of both onsite and virtual resources, including offshore. The Project Manager drives the success of each project to ensure customer satisfaction, establishes a solid working relationship and builds on that foundation to develop future engagements. The Project Manager will be tasked with fulfilling a key advisory role to the Director of Professional Services. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cross-department manner.
You are great at:
- Executing Project Management tasks associated with assigned Client engagements including, but not limited to, forecasting of booked revenue, tracking project financials, developing project plans, managing risks, managing project scope, and issue resolution.
- Working with the Professional Services Resource Manager and other Project Managers to establish project resource needs and coordinating project resources on a weekly basis.
- Working as an informal team with the other project managers within the Professional Services business unit and PMO to collaborate on lessons learned and drive organizational standards
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Managing projects so that they are delivered on time, on budget, and with minimal escalations.
- Support Professional Services Directors with providing input for Statements of Work and Change Orders, including scope definition and estimation and project plans
- Providing internal project progress and status updates to the PMO and Professional Services Directors as required.
- Identifying and tracking new opportunities within accounts including the participation in Business Development synergy meetings to ensure client account activities are communicated internally to other Open Text stakeholders.
- Assisting in the creation of presentation materials including public forum presentations and internal presentations particularly for executive consumption
What it takes:
- 8+ years’ experience in project management, ideally in a professional services environment managing a wide variety of projects from small to large sized projects
- PMP Certification required – this role is suited to someone who has just recently completed the certification
- Must have experience with at least one of the following methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Six Sigma, ITIL
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and writing skills
- Extremely strong Microsoft Project, MS Office capabilities
- History of on time, on budget, project delivery with minimal escalations
- Experience with ECM, OpenText products and/or Documentum products is an asset
- Up to 65% travel required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.