Location: United Kingdom, LondonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are seeking a high-energy, team oriented professional to be responsible for designing, building and maintaining analytics across multiple platforms serving internal and external needs.
The Analytics Technical Consultant will need to work closely with the operations, sales and development teams to understand data and analytics requirements and build appropriate delivery mechanisms that meet or exceed those needs using best of breed tools from OpenText.
This individual will be expected to think outside of the box, to create dashboards, metrics, standard reports and flexbile analytics which refresh at different intervals. This position is expected to design multiple internal and external facing systems with extended support from a small global team.
You are great at:
• Understanding and translating complex requirements into robust, attractive and informative front end delivery of information.
• Undestanding how the needs of analytics dictate changes to the data lifecycle, in particular ETL processes and data models.
• Being able to create flexible data analytics that can change to meet business needs.
• Embracing new, innovative and progressive software solutions such as machine learning, ai and big data while improving foundational systems.
• Documenting requirements of reports, kpi’s and metrics you create
• Dealing with changing of requirements and challenges both small and large in scope
• Tracking schedules & ensuring proper quality assurance.
• Dealing with an environment of constant change and challenge with optimism and enthusiasm.
• Sharing knowledge with those around you and taking on the role of mentor for junior team members.
• Creating straightforward report from complex and difficult processes.
What it takes:
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience working with database, data models, analytics, SQL, PL/SQL and ETL processes/tools.
• Versatile background with experience and ability to work with all business units from clients and sales to operations and development.
• In depth experience with multiple industries, ideally to include financial, pharmaceutical or security.
• Experience with industry standard data modelling techniques which must include an understanding of Kimball data models
• Experience in translating transactional based environments and unstructured data into analytic models.
• Exceptional analytical and logical skills and effective written and oral communications
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Thorough knowledge of project management and information management methodology
• Positive and professional relationships at all levels
• The candidate must be a good team player, but with the ability to work independently and without day-to-day supervision
• Some travel required
• BA or BS degree require
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.