Location: US, AZ, TucsonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Performs complex testing tasks; requires test development, scheduling and test execution. Reviews product specifications to determine test coverage requirements. Assists product developers and technical support specialists in solution of complex installation/configuration/functionality problems. Assists less experienced engineers with difficult problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
You are great at:
Performs complex testing and leadership tasks on complex projects:
a) Plans, schedules and implements testing projects.
b) Works with product specifications to define test objectives.
c) Writes test artifacts based on product feature-set and specifications.
d) Assists other engineers with test approach and technical issues.
e) Performs complex functional, application, regression and performance tests.
• Assists product developers and technical product support specialists in solution of complex technical problems
• The successful candidate will join a local team of eight other experienced quality engineers
• Regular interactions with our international teammates will occur as needed
• Primary product responsibilities will be around our RightFax server product line. This is an advanced client/server system for document distribution and management with strong web connectivity. A typical installation involves many thousands of users, many servers working as a collective, and 100s of telephony connectivity channels.
• The RightFax product is deployed in 100% of the Fortune 100 companies and 98% of Fortune 500 companies.
What it takes:
Technical and Functional Skills Required:
• Associate’s degree in business, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
• Two years formal testing experience.
• Excellent application knowledge.
• Broad understanding of quality assurance process.
• Good application and user awareness.
• Effective communication skills.
• Solid technical understanding of the Windows operating systems (Windows Clients and Servers).
• Good understanding of network communication technology.
• Strong computer hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
• Broad understanding of the Software Quality Assurance process
• Experience with any of the following a plus:
a) RightFax Product Line
b) Microsoft Exchange Server
c) Microsoft Internet Information Server
d) Microsoft Windows Installer
e) Microsoft SQL Server
f) Lotus Notes
g) SMTP Servers
h) SAP Servers
i) Microsoft Windows Client and Server operating systems
j) Microsoft’s Active Directory
• MCP or MCSE a plus
• Heavy networking experience (Named Pipes/TCP/IP) desirable
• Strong communication and documentation skills
Behavioral Skills and Competencies Required:
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act