OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
This position serves the role of technical consultant and single point of contact for specific Enterprise/Premier customers for the Fax and Document Distribution product lines including RightFax and Alchemy. Technical Consultants will become familiar with all operations related to delivery of Enterprise/Premier Support and provide consistent, high-quality program delivery to all Enterprise/Premier Support customers. This role requires the individual to provide solutions to issues in complex environments and escalate problems involving broad in-depth Open Text product, operating system, hardware, network and database knowledge. This role requires availability and flexibility in order to accommodate our customers 24X7.
You are great at:
- Troubleshooting customer issues with Fax and Document Distribution solutions specifically RightFax and Alchemy and other Open Text products in a timely manner via telephone, email and where necessary remote access or onsite support.
- Testing of RightFax and Alchemy software issues within the various environments for validation and solution purposes.
- Clear and detailed written documentation of all customer issues and interaction within the company database(s), including action plans for resolving outstanding issues, as required.
- The interaction and collaboration with OpenText departments and customer IT teams in troubleshooting and progressing issues.
- Becoming familiar with all of a customer’s OpenText product related business and technical operations.
- Working closely with Program Managers to proactively provide customers with the guidance and support needed to maximize their OpenText product investment.
- Supporting customers with implementing and/or improving the required level of OpenText product service management processes as defined within the ITIL framework for service delivery processes.
- Managing delicate customer relationships.
- Serving as a point of escalation and pass along knowledge to customer’s first and second-line support teams.
What it takes:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Customer support experience in a technical support environment of at least 2 years.
Excellent interpersonal and listening skills in a challenging, real-time, telephone support environment.
Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
Excellent RightFax product skills required, familiarity with Alchemy a plus.
A good understanding of load balancing and monitoring, familiarity with SQL Scripting is a plus
Excellent Microsoft Operating Systems and TCP/IP networking skills are required.
Excellent knowledge of Exchange, Lotus Notes and SMTP / POP3 services
Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting IIS
General understanding of programming is important (reviewing RF source code)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.