ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The IT Technical Support Representative provides first-line support to OpenText employees ensuring delivery of consistent quality customer service across the organization. You will assist users, including a large number of home office and remote employees, with the efficient and effective use of desktop applications and systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your experience in a customer focused environment and will suit someone with a genuine passion for technology and solving problems.
You are great at:
- Help Desk support at the 1st & 2nd levels of the problem resolution process
- Respond to employee questions regarding technology (PCs, printers, copy machines, fax machines, audio/visual equipment)
- Assist with the continuous improvement of support methods for remote employees in order to uphold high levels of customer service across the organization
- Ensure that end-users are notified of new techniques, time-saving tools, and other tips/info
- Support of Active Directory as well as setup & administration of user accounts for all internal services (email, dial-in, corporate intranet)
- Test new software for compatibility with the desktop & supported standard configurations
- Record incident reports of significant and recurring problems in order to track the corrective action process
- Procurement, setup & configuration, and disposal of equipment for employees as needed
What it takes:
- Demonstrable customer service/IT experience
- Proven skills supporting a highly distributed and mobile customer environment
- Technical competence in MS Office and Windows 7/10 products
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange and supporting iPhones and other handheld devices
- Capable of handling a challenging, real-time environment
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and team-building skills
- Microsoft certifications are desirabe
- Diploma/degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com