OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Systems Administrator performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment and participate in on call responsibilities.
This position can be based any of the following OpenText offices: Alpharetta (GA), Tinton Falls (NJ), Austin (TX), Brook Park (OH) or Gaithersburg (MD).
You are great at:
- Performing the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
- Providing superior VMware vSphere administration support for several large datacenters located around the globe. This includes testing, troubleshooting, planning and updating using vSphere 5.5, vCenter, in a private cloud.
- Automating tasks through scripting utilizing PowerShell or similar technologies
- Providing Application support for SAAS applications running on Windows, Linux and VMware platforms.
- Writing and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues, interfacing with others as required.
- Using established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Managing work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
- Recommending and evaluating new and more effective approaches to system administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
What it takes:
- Work with other departments and outside vendors to design and seamlessly implement any production change required.
- Ensuring work done does not create an impact to the customer, or the smallest impact possible given the constraints of the implementation, to the overall production system.
- Provide 24/7 ‘tier3’ support of specific production system section and participate in a 24x7 on call schedule.
- Provide documentation for all new design implementations engineered from within the group or assist in documentation for projects jointly engineered with other departments.
- Manages tickets to meet or exceed metrics and develop and maintain production server documentation.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows OS (Windows 2008/2012)
- Expert level experience with Windows Powershell and vSphere PowerCLI.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Kerberos, NFS, CIFS, DNS, and basic routing concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems (Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com