Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Provide support for Opentext’s ICC.net, GMS, EWS, Trade Gateway cloud based messaging platforms with a focus on application services running on Linux and Windows based systems. Application support runs the gambit from all internet facing services, to document translation subsystems and internally developed custom applications.
Support of these platforms includes, but is not limited to;
- The installation and configuration of all application software
- Participate in assigned short and long term projects
- Respond to and troubleshoot/resolve assigned incident tickets
- On-call support (both business and off-hours) and scheduled weekend maintenance work
The successful candidate will have the ability to work flexible hours (after business hours and weekends) due to production requirements.
You are great at:
• Hands on administration of all production applications, including;
o All internet facing services (ie. HTTP, FTP, SMTP, MQ, XML/API, etc.)
o Document translation subsystems (ie. MS Office products, Adobe PDF, etc.)
o Internally developed custom applications
• Participating in short and long term projects where interaction with internal and external organizations/customers/vendors is required.
• Installation and configuration of internally developed and third party commercial & open source application software in our test and production environments.
• Attending regularly scheduled off-hours site/platform maintenances on weekends every 6 weeks or as needed.
What it takes:
• 3 to 5 years of Application support. Of specific interest is; SMTP (sendmail, qmail & MessageSystems), DNS (Bind 9.x), FTP, Web, MQ, Direct Connect, Jboss, Apache.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in deploying and installing packages on Windows, Solaris and Linux operating systems.
• 3 to 5 years of Domain Name Service Administration Bind 9.x on Unix hosts.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Windows and Red Hat Linux administration. Windows administration experience would be a plus.
• System/network security related experience would be a plus.
• Ability to work well under stressful situations.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must be self motivating and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
• Project management skills would be a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act