Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud Billing and Reporting, the position will Performs complex level work which requires broad knowledge, training and understanding, combined with creative and independent thinking along with the conceptual ability to relate work performed within broader technical and business context.
This position does require on-call support functions for their appropriate application or system.
You are great at:
• Discerning key aspects of a problem and address them at an early stage by determining best technical resolution based on critical analysis of the expected result.
• Having a general understanding of the Financial Book Closing process and general accounting practices.
• Completion of significant portions of critical work and/or complex projects.
• Applying skill. innovation and acts as a technical resource to the local community in order to lead efforts to improve effectiveness of internal systems, revenue streams, and/or customer satisfaction.
• Functioning as a second-tier subject matter expert in a particular technical specialty, and/or as a project/work team leader (with proficiency across several technical functions).
• Assisting internal customer anticipate business needs, and functions as ongoing team member on behalf of internal/external customer to ensure consistency of application with defined problem.
• Developing program code, test data and documentation in both the maintenance of old and new development environment.
• Developing and delivering technical specifications to junior members of the team.
What it takes:
• University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 8 years minimum previous experience working within a technical Development environment analyzing, designing, coding, testing and maintaining computer-based systems.
• Foundation working in UNIX and Linux environments.
• Experienced Unix/Linux C & C++ development required (.net development a plus).
• Proficient working with scripting and software languages (SQL scripting, Unix Shell Scripting, AWK, Bash, Perl, Unix/Linux C & C++) . C#/.Net are considered an asset.
• Experience working with relational DBMS (Primarily SAP Sybase ASE. Also, Oracle & MS SQL Server).
• Strong reporting skills from Sybase ASE database source data (Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server) (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS is a plus)
• Demonstrated ability to drive a culture of learning amongst your peers and other stakeholder groups on Billing analytics
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act