Location: US, NJ, Tinton FallsApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Network Operations Center Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining 7x24x365 uptime and availability for all IT Corporate and Production Cloud Services. The position reports directly to the Network Operations Center Shift Manager. The Support Analyst is responsible for the health of all systems/environments and ensures all systems are being monitored/administered as required. They will act as the Operations Point Of Contact (POC) for all Critical Event Management. They will be responsible for Ticket Management across multiple services/environments, requiring updating and resolution of service requests and Incidents while meeting response & resolution OLA/SLA's.
The shifts for this position are subject to change, but are currently 6am to 6:30pm Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday.
You are great at:
• Maintaining the health of all systems/environments and ensuring all systems are being monitored/administered as required.
• Acting as the Operations Point Of Contact (POC) for all Critical Event Management.
• Ticket Management across multiple services/environments, requiring updating and resolution of service requests and Incidents while meeting response & resolution OLA/SLA's.
• Maintaining oversight of Vendor Maintenance activities to ensure they are actively managed and completed as required. Additionally, providing guidance, support and backup responsibilities for Network Operations Center Monitoring Specialist resources (BCP).
• Providing direct support escalation for initial triage and troubleshooting to the Monitoring Specialist.
• Working closely with various support teams, including but not limited to; Engineering, various client facing teams, Product Development etc…, providing resolution/work-arounds for all systems and services globally while ensuring OLA’s/SLA’s are adhered to.
• Prioritizing events and escalating as required while ensuring post event follow-up.
• Actively participating in all incidents, Major Incidents and decision-making activities, as such; must have good judgment and the ability to make sound business decisions while adhering to established policies.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent IT job experience and training
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant IT experience
• Proficient with Unix/Linux/Windows based OS, Networking (Cisco)
• Ability to articulate clearly both in written and verbal communications
• Must be willing to work any shift in a 24x7x365 work environment, weekend and Holiday hours required.
• Knowledge and use of common industry monitoring tools would be an asset
• The skills needed to make determinations of prioritization on critical system issues while meeting changing or conflicting priorities while maintaining effectiveness
• Ability to defuse anger, resolve conflict and operate with a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task and respond to priority issues effectively
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act