ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The role of the Facility Manager is to oversee the operations at Tinton Falls and smaller sites in the region. The Facility Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of day to day service provision to employees, customers and visitors at these sites. There are currently 3 sites, 1 in Tinton Falls, 1 in New York, and 1 in Long Island supporting Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support Teams, Professional Services, Engineering, R&D and IT functions. The role is therefore very busy and people orientated. The Facilities Manager will have responsibility for liaising with landlords and all Building Service Contract Suppliers. The main focus and home base of this position is Tinton Falls, NJ. You are great at:
- Planning and completion of general Building Maintenance and relevant Regulatory Testing programs to ensure a high standard of office appearance and operation is maintained.
- Working with IT to ensure a large Data Center has PM contracts in place that ensures continued support of the operation. Deficiencies are tracked and action plans communicated between IT and Facilities team.
- Managing and auditing Facility Service contracts in conjunction with Procurement Team, ensuring best value and agreed service levels are met.
- Tracking and verifying of Facility Service Invoices for monthly Budget Reporting
- Assisting in developing annual operating budgets for specific sites under your control and administrating annual budget – cost control and accurate financial reporting of costs.
- Maintaining updated First Aid provision, Fire & Emergency Evacuation Plans, Workplace Risk Assessments and H&S policy implementation following central OpenText guidelines.
- Ensuring office supplies, employees amenities, etc. are maintained and fully stocked.
- Carrying out regular site visits to audit Service provision and check Regulatory Policies are being adhered to.
- Controlling Space Planning using OpenText internal software, meeting department requests and maintaining up to date information on new hires and terminations via the HR system.
- Assisting the Manager, Facilities North Eastern US with any projects to consolidate space or refurbish the buildings as required. Acting as first contact with relevant suppliers and arranging logistics for access etc.
- Working with Building Landlords to ensure OpenText employees and visitors follow their policies for Security, Access, Parking and External Contractor Working Practice.
- Providing support to the Business Continuity Team as required to ensure any business interruptions are communicated timely and providing updated reports until the situation is resolved.
What it takes:
- Minimum 6 years of facilities management experience.
- Experience managing facility service contracts – Building and Mechanical knowledge an asset.
- Ability to prioritize reactive tasks and planned administration on a daily basis.
- Excellent Customer Service and Administration experience.
- Knowledge of Professional Business Applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative, take responsibility, and represent OpenText Facilities Team following company standards and goal of continual improvement.
- Understanding of Finance and Procurement procedures for purchasing goods and services.
- General problem solving ability and a ‘can do’ approach with flexibility to provide consistent service in an ever changing environment.
- Candidate should have an outgoing personality, be well presented and possess the ability to communicate with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org