ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
We require a Senior Consultant to join our team in Sydney delivering solutions to customers in the Australia and New Zealand region. You will be required to work closely with Solution/Technical Architects and Project Managers in conceptualizing, designing, implementing, testing and delivery of solutions to customers on time with right quality. The successful candidate will have 8+ years of professional experience in designing medium to complex software application components and 2+ years utilising OpenText Process Suite (formally Cordys).
You are great at:
- Understanding customer business requirements, making design choices and developing solutions that meet the requirements using the appropriate features of OpenText Process Suite (formerly Cordys).
- Designing programs complex modules of an application taking into consideration the functional and non-functional aspects.
- Taking ownership of code quality- Actively and effectively reviewing source code and taking defect prevention steps in software development
providing high level work estimates and assisting task planning & task allocation.
- Describing customer requirements technically and building quick proof of concepts.
- Acting as team leader during implementation phase and maintaining a close working relationship with the customer.
- Conceptualizing and building high quality demos for pre-sales opportunities
What it takes:
- A minimum of 2 years, hands-on enterprise application development experience with OpenText Process Suite.
- Knowledge of the existing OpenText product portfolio, associated technologies and standards is highly desirable.
- Rich hands-on work experience on Java, JDBC, AJAX, XML, OOAD
- Database skills, SQL, Triggers/Stored Procedures and working experience with any of well-known database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, ProsgresSQL).
- In depth technical knowledge on: SOA, W3C standards, Java platforms, Enterprise Applications, Web/ application servers, Config Management and Network Architectures
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org