Location: Sweden, StockholmApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
An OpenText senior project manager is primarily engaged in leading a team of business and technical consultants in the successful delivery of OpenText solutions. This may cover a broad range COTS software, bespoke solutions as well as third party products across a variety of sectors.
Engagements may vary from managing multiple, short and relatively fast paced engagements, to involvement within larger programs depending upon levels of experience.
Activities may commence from the initial pre-sales bid support, working closely with the sales / bid management team until the contract has been secured. Responsibility for the project will then continue from formal initiation through to the transition of the solution into operational running, and transfer of ownership to the internal OpenText customer services team.
The role is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders (internally and externally) both orally and in writing.
There will be travel to national and occasionally international locations, with an expectation for site based management where appropriate.
You are great at:
• Taking overall management and leadership responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects of varying sizes, in a professional, timely, and profitable manner
• Organizing the resources required for the project in an appropriate manner to achieve the project objectives in accordance with the agreed specifications, plans and budgets
- Managing project quality by working on specifications, test plans, tickets related to Digital Asset Management, Portals, Web Contribution
• Monitor financial and time accounting records to allow the approval of expenditure and the accurate tracking and forecasting of resource for each project
• To manage and contribute to bids requiring professional services or project management input as well as provide project planning and estimating expertise during the sales cycle
• Actively seeking new opportunities by working with the customer, and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extend the scope of profitable business
• Manage expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders
What it takes:
• Proven experience managing the implementation and deployment of Information Management / Content Management / Digital Asset & Web Solutions involving:
- Enterprise content delivery / Document & records management
- Content migration
• Familiarity with project management methodologies – Accreditation in e.g. PRINCE2 / APM / PMI PMP / ISEB is desirable
• Understanding software development lifecycle and project management processes
• Ability to lead teams of business and technical consultants
• Participation in the pre-sales process and contributing to sales / bid documentation
• Delivering presentations to customers, partners and internal stakeholders
• Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and offshore resources is highly desirable
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.