Location: US, MI, SouthfieldApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The role System Engineer is to build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of services as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This position requires rotating 12 hour night shifts. The shifts are 7pm to 7am. These shifts will rotate across all days (Monday to Sunday). Week 1 is 3 days and Week 2 is 4 days of work.
You are great at:
• Providing attention to calls according to Service Level Agreements.
• Taking ownership and accountability for the call resolution process.
• Providing a quality and timely response.
• Acting as a technical liaison with the maintenance and development team to evaluate and report bugs.
• Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with team members, Product Support and Sales.
• Participating in training and information sharing activities.
• Acting as backup for other team members when necessary.
• Participating in rotating shift work.
What it takes:
• The ability to understand an maintain Scripting software
• Understanding of Linux systems
• Ideally hands on experience with cloud infrastructure; AWS, Azure, Rackspace
• Training or background in Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
• Exposure to & maintenance of configuration management tools at scale
• Diagnosing & troubleshooting user facing service incidents & outages
• Exposure to system & application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures
• Diagnosing, resolving problems in high-throughput web applications & network services
• Strong troubleshooting capabilities
• Customer-service oriented with proven problem solving and analytical ability.
• Excellent organizational/time management skills and handle multiple tasks concurrently
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act