Location: US, MI, SouthfieldApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The role of the Systems Engineer is to build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of our services as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers.
*Please note, this is currently a standard day shift Monday to Friday. However, this position may shift into an evening or night shift in the future depending on business needs. The successful candidate will need to have flexibility to work other shifts as required.*
You are great at:
• Providing attention to calls according to Service Level Agreements.
• Taking ownership and accountability for the call resolution process.
• Providing a quality and timely response.
• Acting as a technical liaison with the maintenance and development team to evaluate and report bugs.
• Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with team members, Product Support and Sales.
• Participating in training and information sharing activities.
• Acting as backup for other team members when necessary.
• Requires rotating shift work and overtime required at times (7x24x365 support is required).
What it takes:
• The ability to understand and maintain Scripting software
• 3 to 5 years of Unix/Linux systems experience (Red Hat, Ubuntu or other)
• Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure; AWS, Azure, Rackspace - Min 2 years
• Deep expertise in Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
• Exposure to & maintenance of configuration management tools at scale
• Diagnosing & troubleshooting user facing service incidents & outages
• Exposure to system & application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures
• Diagnosing, resolving problems in high-throughput web applications & network services
• Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the Covisint stack
• Customer-service oriented and ability to multi-task
• Proven problem solving and analytical abilities
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act