Location: US, MI, DetroitApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are seeking an experienced onsite Engineering Release/ Project manager.
You are great at:
• Scheduling, coordinating and managing R&D releases across different teams.
• Measuring and monitoring the progress to ensure R&D releases are delivered on time and within budget.
• Pro-actively managing issues, taking action to achieve urgent resolution and escalating promptly and clearly where necessary.
• Managing project activities on a day-to-day basis in collaboration with different teams. Define and be accountable for the approach/milestones and hence manage the overall project delivery from release planning to delivery
• Championing process and continuous improvement changes.
What it takes:
• BS in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
• 6+ years of information technology project management experience; Release management experience is a must
• Experience in agile methodology and demonstrated experience with enterprise software systems is a must
• Comfortable interfacing with customers at both the business and technical level with the ability to communicate effectively with management, development staff and customers
• Critical problem solver with the ability to recognize and anticipate problems (technical, operational, process) and to identify and implement the best practices
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a very dynamic, flexible and creative environment
• Driven self-starter and a team player. Enjoys a leadership role with a high degree of technical ownership
• Solid understanding of the organization’s key success factors, business strategy and rationale as well as that of the competition
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act