ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Principal Software Architect, you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. These would cut across various systems and devices. At the core will be the need to drive future technology implementations.
You are great at:
Building enterprise search software in OpenText ECD.
Working alongside Architects to write functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level test plans.
Participating in design and code reviews.
Working with testing analysts to review and optimize test plans.
Taking ownership for maintaining and enhancing existing production.
You will be a team player that leads and contributes with other engineers and other engineering groups.
Working with cross-functional and/or global teams and you readily share information with others.
What it takes:
- 5+ years playing a leading role in designing and developing complex software systems.
- Expert knowledge in object oriented programming and hands-on experience in Java/J2EE/Spring.Experience using Apache Lucence/Solr or other full-featured text search libraries.
- Understanding of common algorithms and toolkits. Familiar with Natural language processing is a plus.
Strong technical skills in web services such as SOAP, REST and XML technologies.
- Practical experience with SDLC. Experience with Agile methodology is a plus.
- Proven collaboration skills in highly technical engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills and enhanced problem solving skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org