OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Consultant Software Engineer, you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. We promote a learning and innovative environment. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned developer with the skills and motivation to grow a career
You are great at:
- Working with architect teams to establish technical direction for the organization
- Working with product managers to help define feature requirements.
- Taking technical leadership to design, develop and maintain RESTful Web APIs for the classic/cloud-based OpenText Documentum content management products to meet the requirements, and validate designs through walk-through and prototypes.
- Working with testing organization to develop test plans.
- Willing and able to take ownership for maintaining and enhancing existing products.
- You will be a team player that leads and contributes with other engineers and other engineering groups. Leading/Participating in design and code reviews is required
- Working with Support team on escalated customer cases.
What it takes:
- 8+ years of progressive experience, leadership role in designing and developing in complex software system.
- Expert knowledge in object oriented design & programming and hands-on experience in Java/Spring.
- Experience building highly scalable & secure web applications
- Strong technical skills in web services such as REST API, XML and JSON technologies.
- Practical experience with SDLC.
- Proven collaboration skills in highly technical engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills and enhanced problem-solving skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with iOS/Android mobile development
- Experience with Agile, CI/build methodologies and SCM tools (Maven, TeamCity, Jenkins, Perforce, github and JIRA)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com