Function: Cloud Services
Location: Ireland, CorkApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Engineer performs duties to produce quality deliverables associated with systems administration. Specifically, this position is responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments. Those responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of medium to large / high size, scope and complexity.
You are great at:
• Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades.
• Provide superior VMware vSphere administration support for several large datacenters located around the globe. This includes testing, troubleshooting, planning and updating using vSphere in a private cloud.
• Work within environments using vCloud Director and use your experience of that product while managing tasks within the cloud.
• Provide superior OS support for systems in several large datacenters located around the globe running VMware platforms.
• Create and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
• Stay informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
• Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
• Recommend and evaluate new and more effective approaches to Cloud administration, including procedural changes, future hardware / software needs and tools to enhance productivity.
• Participate on special project teams for development or corporate initiatives
• Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment and participate in On Call responsibilities.
What it takes:
• Expert level knowledge of Windows OS. (Windows 2008/2012)
• Expert knowledge of VMware vSphere.
• Good knowledge of vCD.
• Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS, SMTP, Kerberos, NFS, CIFS, DNS, and basic routing concepts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create technical documentation and system diagrams.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work load and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
• Scripting skills with experience in some of the following: Puppet, Chef, SALT, REST, PowerShell.
• Good knowledge of Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Centos)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.