Location: US, AZ, ScottsdaleApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This Product Manager will be responsible for continuing OpenText’s excellence at enterprise information management with its universal viewing and document transformation customer experience.
The Product Manager will be driving the complete delivery of products within the Brava! Enterprise and Blazon Enterprise family of applications at OpenText. Under the guidance of, and in close cooperation with, the respective OpenText Product Line Manager, the Product Manager will be executing, overseeing, and participating in all stages of the software development life cycle.
Working with domain experts and key customers to develop detailed product requirements describing the software use cases and designs needed for solving business problems in specific industries is essential. Extensively interacting with Software Architects to ensure a successful user experience and steering implementation details with Software Development and Project Management will be vital.
Acting as a customer advocate in OpenText’s agile software development life cycle, the Product Manager will be the primary escalation point for on-demand critical work requests of Software Development. On-time product delivery, while ensuring promised product goals are met, will be a key responsibility. Documenting and coordinating deployment logistics with departments such as Pricing, Release Engineering, Fulfillment will be essential.
Planning and coordinating release enablement activities will be necessary, including technical training with Pre-Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Support organizations to educate and document new and existing product features. The Product Manager will be championing new version releases while assisting with Marketing activities and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge and guidance where appropriate.
You are great at:
• Developing and contributing to the business plan by specifying market requirements for current and future products, initiating market research as necessary by engaging in trade shows, webinars, user group meetings and visits with customers and prospects.
• Collecting, prioritizing and developing product requirements from customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, Sales, Professional Services, Customer Support, Software Development and Product Line Managers.
• Providing support to Sales, Professional Services, Technical Marketing, Quality Assurance, Product Information, and Customer Support groups based on all necessary requests.
• Maintaining day-to-day contact with Software Development to refine and revise development plans, product specifications and implementation details based on best practices in an agile development process; encouraging the team to innovate within the boundaries of market segments, personas and goals.
• Assisting OpenText teams and executing 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, product messaging, product demonstrations, proof of concept development and presentations.
• Performing analysis and triage with Sales, Customer Support, and Professional Services regarding critical product escalations.
• Managing full product life cycles including end of life and product retirement, appropriate product release workflows and enablement/training sessions.
• Creating and maintaining relationships with partners, value-added resellers, services vendors, distributors and market influencers ranging from product evangelism to contract negotiations of technology components used by assigned product lines.
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent along with 8+ years of experience in defining and managing core products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• Experience in enterprise software with focus on enterprise information management systems is preferred. Experience with document viewing and transformation technology a plus.
• Practical experience with agile/iterative development process including working on software or service delivery for large customers.
• Demonstration of hands-on use case creation and product specification documentation.
• Ability to handle large-scale project management for concurrent initiatives.
• Experience with developing business solutions or extending technology to meet business objectives.
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated; business-oriented with strong leadership skills. Effective at influencing others into action yet able to also be a good team member.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations; the ability to understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, problems, challenges and opportunities in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, the products to address them.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels. Highly skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act