ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
We're a small, agile group looking for talented, motivated engineers with a strong desire to work with and learn about many different technologies. As a member of the team, you will develop software to facilitate the viewing, redaction, collaboration, and workflow needs of thousands of customers worldwide.
The Software Engineer – Java/Web Services role will apply knowledge of software architecture and SDLC to perform tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture/product.
You are great at:
• Designing, developing, creating and maintaining software for the IGC suite of products, in all phases of the software development and maintenance cycle.
• Lifecycle development phases including research, conceptual planning, design, scheduling, coding, code reviews, troubleshooting and debugging, and status reporting.
• Maintaining a focus on customer requirements and project objectives while mitigating project and product risk.
• Troubleshooting and debugging software programs, isolating and correcting customer reported defects in IGC products.
• Utilizing superior debugging and problem solving skills to devise fixes for release to customers in the form of patches and service packs, and for integration into future products.
• Designing J2EE and Java application components as well as supporting data model.
• Developing software product/solutions using a number of different technology stacks.
What it takes:
•Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
•Strong working knowledge of Java and web services
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments
•Ability to work closely with Quality Assurance, product owners and other stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com