Location: Saudi Arabia, RiyadhApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
.An OpenText project manager is primarily engaged in leading a team of business and technical consultants in the successful delivery of OpenText solutions. This may cover a broad range COTS software, bespoke solutions as well as third party products across a variety of sectors. Engagements may vary from managing multiple, short and relatively fast paced engagements, to involvement within larger programmes depending upon levels of experience.
Activities may commence from the initial pre-sales bid support, working closely with the sales / bid management team until the contract has been secured. Responsibility for the project will then continue from formal initiation through to the transition of the solution into operational running, and transfer of ownership to the internal OpenText customer services team.
The role is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders (internally and externally) both orally and in writing.
There will be travel to national and occasionally international locations, with an expectation for site based management where appropriate.
You are great at:
• Taking overall management and leadership responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects of varying sizes, in a professional, timely, and profitable manner
• Organising the resources required for the project in an appropriate manner to achieve the project objectives in accordance with the agreed specifications, plans and budgets
• Identifying and quantifying the potential risks to the project, and prepare plans to appropriately manage their impact
• Monitoring financial and time accounting records to allow the approval of expenditure and the accurate tracking and forecasting of resource for each project
• Managing and contributing to bids requiring professional services or project management input as well as provide project planning and estimating expertise during the sales cycle
• Co-ordinating project delivery through multiple teams that may include offshore resources, 3rd party suppliers, partners and client resource
• Actively seek new opportunities by working with the customer, and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extend the scope of profitable business
• Provide management with regular and ad-hoc reports to identify the current status, outlook, risks, issues and concerns in the areas of cost expenditure, progress, customer relations and future business prospects, and escalate issues where appropriate
What it takes:
• Proven experience managing the implementation and deployment of Information Management / Content Management / Digital Asset & Web Solutions involving:
• Familiarity with project management methodologies – Accreditation in e.g. PRINCE2 / APM / PMI PMP / ISEB is desirable
• Understanding software development lifecycle and project management processes
• Contributing to and writing detailed, quality documentation
• Ability to lead teams of business and technical consultants
• Participation in the pre-sales process and contributing to sales / bid documentation
• Delivering presentations to customers, partners and internal stakeholders
• Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and offshore resources is highly desirable
• Fluent Arabic and English
• Willingness to travel within KSA and occasionally the GCC
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.