Location: Brazil, Sao PauloApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
A Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for deployment and support of complex software and hardware solutions in a highly mixed production environment of Windows, Linux and Solaris systems.
This person is the primary source for Tier II Infrastructure support of all commercial environments - for any day to day operations issues, and for the upcoming projects/setups. On any given work day, he/she may be responsible for all, or any subset of Systems, Hardware and Platforms, ensuring proper prioritization of activities and coordination/communication of these activities with management, next tier support organizations, including Engineering and their respective peers. He/she will provide continuous support within their given area of responsibility, escalating as required to proactively address potential client impacting events.
You are great at:
•Participating in change management meetings, readiness reviews, engineering/comm ops meetings, etc. as required to fulfill team responsibilities.
•Fulfillment of team responsibilities may require, from time to time, working outside of normally scheduled shift time for the team to complete projects, maintenance and/or meet business commitments.
•Working cross functionally with the Network Operations Center, Engineering and Deployment teams is critically important for the success of the larger organization.
•Fully supporting the Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management and Operations activities/projects.
•Responding to Incident calls, joining conference bridges and meetings.
•Proactively drive and troubleshooting issues.
•Assist Tier 1, troubleshoot and perform supportive actions as requested by subject matter experts/ Engineering.
•Provide documentation and training to Tier 1 & Tier 2 team members, upon request.
What it takes:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent
• ITIL accreditation an asset.
• Ability to analyze data and form conclusions using data from a wide range of data sources.
• Excellent working knowledge of personal computers and applications
• Must be comfortable communicating the relevant aspects of technology
• Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiating skills, the ability to analyze data and form conclusions based on information from a variety of sources, the ability to work well with people. Must be flexible and adaptable to continuous change.
• Good knowledge of company services, products and procedures.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.