Location: US, CA, San Mateo
Region: USApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for the global Product Marketing organization which includes product lines spanning: Content Services, Business Network, Analytics, Customer Experience Management, Developer Tools, BPM, and others. The role is also responsible for the following functional areas: Market Intelligence, Compliance, Programs, and Innovation. This global role will be responsible for the development of collateral, planning of launches, assessment of potential markets, product strategy input, development of pricing strategies, marketing communications and definition of promotional activities.
The VP of Product Marketing will lead an established, high performing team of approximately 60, with 11 direct reports in the Americas and Western Europe and be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
You are great at:
• Leading new product launches, driving the development of product positioning, messaging and the overall go-to-market strategy for a broad product set.
• Articulating product positioning and implementing messaging through all internal and external communication channels, specifically: sales force tools and training, customer-consumable collateral, web presence, partner communication, communication to analysts and press, presence at conferences, trade shows, and industry events.
• Analyzing market opportunity; driving product, solution and marketing strategies to maximize revenue growth and current customer retention.
• Developing content and planning for the annual company marketing event and regional support events. This includes determining key messaging, delivering customer presentations, ensuring key speaker representation and quality of presentations and coordinating product and solution demonstrations and presentation plans.
• Defining market requirements for products and solutions based on input from analysts, market, customers, and field feedback. Working with product management to promote key product features to meet current and emerging market needs.
• Building analyst relationships, providing analyst coverage and coordinating analyst survey responses.
• Analyzing and responding to the sales force needs as the evangelist for the products and solutions and related markets. This may take the form of direct sales or prospect interaction or support of program management, sales engineering or other sales related groups
• Supporting M&A activities and strategic reviews, working to integrate acquired product lines and developing corresponding marketing integration plans and messaging
What it takes:
• 8+ years of successful product marketing or product management leadership experience for a rapid growth, global technology company.
• Demonstrated capability to capture and engage client/market attention and the ability to lead and influence market thinking on a new value proposition.
• Strong executive presence and decision-making skills with demonstrated ability to influence
• High emotional intelligence coupled with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, global function.
• Consistent demonstration of integrity, global collaboration, curiosity, and objectivity that delivers results leveraging global best practices.
• Strong understanding of industry trends and thought leadership coupled with an exceptional analytical skill set.
• Willingness to travel up to 35% of the time.
• Experience working through acquisitions and the supporting communication and product marketing efforts associated with merged companies would be a decided asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act