ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The OpenText Customer Experience Management (CEM) business focuses on an industry-leading portfolio of products — Web Content Management, Digital Asset Management, Customer Communication Management, and Workforce Optimization solutions that offer exciting and compelling ways to address customer needs.
As a Software Architect working within OpenText’s CEM business unit, you will help drive the technical roadmap for an overall architecture to integrate products within the CEM portfolio. Associated activities encompass the architecture, design, development and documentation of software or system integration components. The role requires that you gain a thorough understanding of the products within the CEM Suite to enable the design and development of products, components, and solutions that are aligned with overall CEM and OpenText business strategies. The architect will be responsible for the design, performance, deployment, and security aspects of the solution. You must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
You are great at:
• Service-oriented architecture or microservices architecture design
• Being a technical thought leader and subject matter expert for cross-CEM solutions
• Creating and reviewing use cases and test cases
• Mentoring and coaching the team on latest tools and technology
• Having the ability to whiteboard and guide system-level architecture of a complex software platform through discussion of pros and cons of design alternatives
• Interacting with Product Management and internal OpenText stakeholders in order to articulate specific technical options and decisions in a concise and clear manner
What it takes:
• MS or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• You must have architected an enterprise-class software system
• 10+ years of experience in software application development, with at least 5 years in Java development for high performance applications
• Expert knowledge of web services, RESTful architecture, componentization, APIs, SOA and microservices
• Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology
• Team player, self-starter, motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion
• Ability to effectively communicate and build consensus amongst technical staff
• Experience with microservices architecture, design, and development
• Able to write detailed requirements and design documents
• Experience in Cloud application design, development, and deployment
• Java skills required, other languages a plus
• Strong integration skills and knowledge of standard integration patterns
• Experience architecting solutions with large sets of data requiring analytics
• Technical knowledge of the following:
o Revision control (Git)
o Modern frameworks (Springboot, Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data, Reactor, Angular2)
o Operating systems (Windows Server, Linux and other Unix flavors)
o Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and data modeling
o Modern container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org