Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager (SPMM) is a representative from the Product team to customers, analysts, and internal field staff. In this role, the SPMM will be working with Product Marketing colleagues and other departments to define and share product messaging, support product strategies, and manage go-to-market launch plans. The SPMM will be responsible for staying up to date on the competitive landscape and industry research. This is a global role with responsibility to recognize and adapt strategies and messages for different regions.
This Product Marketing position is for the Discovery and Security Suite product suites within OpenText, which help enterprises detect, collect, protect, review, and discover the information that matters across enterprise systems and endpoints. We serve legal departments, compliance groups, and cyber security teams with our award-winning software and service suites. The Discovery & Security business unit was formed from acquisitions of Recommind and Guidance Software (respectively, in 2016 and 2017) and is closely aligned with the AI and Analytics team, makers of the OpenText Magellan product line.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, goal-oriented, able to break down complex or problems to their basic elements, and passionate about bringing great technology to enterprises. He or she works effectively with others in the organization and outside the formal lines of authority (i.e., peers, other units, senior management), considers the impact of their decisions on others, and shares credit with others for team accomplishments.
You are great at:
- Helping develop and support go-to-market strategies, working with other departments such as field marketing and customer marketing to execute campaigns and launches
- Generating marketing collateral, articulating positioning, implementing and presenting messaging through all internal and external communication channels (such as field tools, web presence, trade shows and industry events)
- Working closely with Product Managers in support of overall product objectives and to represent market needs during product definition
- Working with sales teams to ensure overall sales channel readiness
- Helping complete analyst surveys in coordination with multiple departments
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree (preference for computer science, marketing, communications, or related)
- At least 7 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a Product Marketing or Product Management function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills for webinars and industry events
- Aptitude for connecting technical concepts with customer value
- Strategic thinking and ability to define and pursue strategic objectives
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing work product quality
- Ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups inside and outside the organization
- Experience with cyber security, digital forensics, eDiscovery, and/or enterprise software solutions generally is a plus
- Advanced degree is a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act