ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
The recently formed Content Strategy team at OpenText is responsible for laying the strategy foundation for content marketing efforts across the company and establishing a common persona-based marketing framework upon which marketing and sales can collaborate and align efforts moving forward.
The Digital Content Strategist is a key contributor to the Content Strategy team. In this role, you will help define a blueprint for content creation for all stages of the customer journey with a focus on digital channels. In other words, you will be tasked with implementing a consistent, repeatable approach for defining and building content that buyers need and want, and helping repurpose foundational content for different digital channels. This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing Programs. You are great at:
- Gain a deep understanding of our target audience and their needs and wants during all stages of the customer journey.
- Be part of an organized team effort to shift the organization from a product-centric push approach to a buyer-centric pull approach and continuously champion a buyer centric approach for content creation across the organization and help articulate the business value of content.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Content Strategy team to define a content blueprint for the OpenText customer journey by identifying content needs and relevant channels to ensure buyers are getting what they need at each interaction with OpenText. Your primary focus will be on digital channels.
- Continuously monitor and improve on that blueprint considering content performance, competitors and their efforts, and industry standards as your sources.
- Collaborate with team members on ways to promote content strategy within the organization using newsletters, webcasts, and other tools – you will have a lot of creative freedom on how to get the message across.
- Pilot new content types and occasionally act as the designer, creator and promoter of your content to help the organization adopt new content types; proactively consider new opportunities, new channels and new content types to tell our story.
- Gain a deep understanding of digital channels our buyers are likely to utilize and the content types with the highest ROI for each channel, and determine how to tell an effective story using those channels.
- Identify and curate current content assets for distribution by finding and re-purposing foundational content for other digital channels.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies and their impact on how our buyers find information. Identify how we can make use of those technologies to tell the OpenText story.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. In this role, you will be considered a subject matter expert for content strategy, and others will rely on your work every single day.
What it takes:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of marketing content creation experience with a heavy focus on digital channels. Those skills may have been gained while working in a media or newspaper/magazine environment or defining and executing a digital content strategy in a software organization. We expect to see a digital portfolio of your previous content creation efforts.
- Knowledge and experience with content marketing techniques including the ability to develop effective persona- based communications strategies.
- Content strategy consulting experience would be preferred, which may have be gained by working in a marketing agency or by advising and coaching internal teams.
- A strong record of engaging your readers with your content and increasing view rates, subscription rates, and/or content engagement rates. Your digital portfolio should reflect that record.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology and digital.
- Ability to work under pressure and mobilize a diverse team of internal and external constituents strongly preferred.
- Your coaching skills should be well developed as you will need to seek buy-in to your vision for stakeholders across the organization. You should be willing to continuously learn new things and have a passion to share those with others.
- Ability to “sell” your vision and action plan in a way that ensures others’ buy-in.
- Ability to see both the strategic big picture and execute against detail. You must know the difference between strategy and tactics and be able to manage your time and work accordingly.
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with people who have differing work styles from your own.
- Design skills would be an asset.
- Some project management background would be beneficial.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org