Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As the Product Manager, you will work with OpenText colleagues to provide leadership in the development of the Life Sciences Regulatory solution to ensure commercial success of the product. You will provide industry insights which drive solution strategy and product direction. You will be formulating tactics to support the growth associated with a product and / or product family. You will provide the insight into the competitive ecosystem. One of your responsibilities will be the execution of the product roll-out to the OpenText field organization and business partners. In close collaboration with the R&D team you will prioritize feature development and deliver new versions of the product, new solutions for Regulatory area in time and in quality.
As product owner, you will be the ultimate responsible stakeholder for strategic product direction, roadmap and product delivery to our clients.
You are great at:
• Helping to define and build industry-leading products, bringing deep understanding of the industry and customer environment.
• Collecting and prioritizing market requirements for the Regulatory related modules for the Life Sciences Solution suite (from Go-To-Market teams, customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, sales and R&D)
• Defining user stories and requirements for next generation technologies such as Mobile Applications, 3rd Party Tool Integrations, and Cloud offerings as they relate to the Regulatory domain.
• Working closely with the Life Sciences Clinical and Q&M Product Managers to define the enterprise capabilities and direction of the Life Sciences Solution Suite.
• Supporting releases, launches, product sales and marketing to support effectiveness and any other components of product success.
• Developing and leading client strategic partner forums to collect feedback on product strategy and requirements
• Presenting at industry forums and to develop relationships with subject matter experts within the industry, with the intent to influence industry direction and thinking. Presenting software demonstrations to key customers, especially in early stages of product development and release.
• Conceptualizing and articulating product and business strategy. Developing and mentoring other consultants and product managers within the organization.
What it takes:
• 8+ years relevant experience; BS degree required, MS degree preferred
• Strong Life Sciences industry knowledge with the expertise in RIM strategy and implementation.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies; experience in content management preferred.
• Accustomed to working in an international environment involving multiple development sites in different time zones. Proactively interacts and establishes rapport with people of diverse styles, backgrounds and job positions/levels.
• Excellent communication skills, comfortable in sales situations, and skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Understands and articulates customers’ viewpoints and perspectives and derives product requirements.
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act