Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Engineering Operations Analyst is a key position within the Program Management Office and will provide a wide range of support for the engineering operations of the Security, Discovery and Analytics business unit. Demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills, this role will assist with reporting on engineering business processes, headcount management, budgeting and other ad-hoc projects.
This will be a great position for an entry-level college grad or a current EA aspiring to be a project manager, technical program manager or a scrum master in the future. Exposure to all aspects of a tech company and its operational systems and processes will be a given. Multiple paths of upward mobility will be available to a person with the right drive to learn and grow!
You are great at:
• Utilizing internal financial systems to create POs, manage p-card purchases, etc.
• Engaging engineering and product management leadership and assisting with planning of IT and other spending associated with annual financial planning
• Extracting data from engineering operations software – Jira, Confluence, etc., - and other more manual sources, creating appropriate dashboards or spreadsheets for operations monitoring
• Scheduling meetings and provide calendar management (commitment planning), proactively identifying and addressing calendar conflicts based on knowledge of the executive’s priorities.
• Coordinating travel and completing travel expense reports for VP, according to company guidelines
• Preparing and managing occasional Town Hall Meetings, including managing the meeting logistics, interacting with the web meeting operator, and recording / posting of the session for the company intranet for employees to access
What it takes:
• Bachelors or Associate degree in accounting, finance or business a plus
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
• Previous experience supporting an Engineering/Product Development organization desirable, although eager curiosity and desire to work hard to learn will be an excellent substitute!
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act