Location: US, CA, San MateoApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
If you love building delightful business software products that users actually love to use, then we’re
looking for you and you’ll enjoy what we will ask of you. As a Product Manager in the Analytics Business
Unit, you will join a dynamic and fast-paced team and work cross-functionally to define, design, build
and launch the next generation of analytics products for today’s Big Data environments.
Opentext’s Analytics Suite is amongst the most established and widely used enterprise-grade Analytics
solutions. Most major financial institutions and thousands of customers in virtually all industry verticals
rely on it to gain insights into their information. This is an opportunity for a passionate, driven PM to feel
like the CEO of a cutting-edge business and be rewarded for the success of its new offerings!
The ideal candidate should have strong technical background, business acumen and customer focus. The
candidate should have a vision which challenges the status quo and the drive and skill to deliver this
You are great at:
• Deeply understanding customers/users, how they work and think, through qualitative and
quantitative research. Passionately representing the voice of the customer to internal teams.
• Proactively conceiving, documenting and driving the creation of new features. Creating user stories, and detailed product requirements/acceptance tests that clearly articulate desired product
functionality and target users.
• Prioritizing product enhancements and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs
using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
• Acquiring (or bringing) deep understanding of the Analytics market, staying current with buying and competitive trends, identifying and defining requirements to fill product gaps.
• Working closely with Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, Support, UX and
customers to successfully rollout our products and ensure a great end-to-end customer
• Participating in creating, communicating and executing the Analytics product roadmap.
• Evangelizing product to customers, partners and field personnel to create awareness and build
What it takes:
• Enterprise software industry experience in a product management, consulting, development or
product marketing role.
• Solid understanding of PM skills, processes and best practices.
• Passion for and proven ability to understand customer needs and deliver innovative features
that genuinely benefit users while at the same time make great business sense.
• Hands-on, product-person mindset: Instinctively analyze products to understand them and
determine how to make them better.
• Strong presentation and excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
• Experience with BI tools such as Actuate, MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense, Birst,
Tibco Spotfire etc. is a big plus. Experience with AI/Machine Learning, Big Data and database products also a plus.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development is a plus.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.