Location: US, CA, San Mateo
Region: USApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is looking for a dynamic and focused product management leader to define and deliver the next generation of WCM and Digital Experience solutions from OpenText as part of the Customer Experience Management (CEM) Engineering team. The CEM Engineering team is a global organization of highly skilled and motivated professionals whose #1 goal is to create products that make our customers wildly successful and generate significant business growth.
The Senior Director, Product Management Digital Experience (DX) Solutions is responsible for all OpenText Web Content Management (WCM) and personalization solutions, including TeamSite, Optimost, and other related WCM solutions. He/she works to ensure achievement of strategic goals related to the Digital Experience segment of OpenText’s Customer Experience Management (CEM) business unit. This individual is responsible for definition and execution of the product strategy, delivery of the TeamSite platform and related applications, and successfully bringing these to market. This includes roadmap development and delivery, product and pricing strategy, competitive positioning/differentiation and competitive tracking of the products in the marketplace globally.
The Senior Director, Product Management, is the owner for the TeamSite platform and related applications, ensuring that the products are competitive, are meeting customer needs, as well as meeting target revenues and market share worldwide. He/she works closely with R&D, Product Marketing, Worldwide Sales, Services, and implementation partners to ensure all key aspects of the business are addressed, with roll-in and roll-out functions performed successfully.
The Senior Director Product Management leads a team of product managers who individually are responsible that their products align with the overall product strategy, defined revenue goals, and quality standards. The PM team ensures products are easy to implement, easy to change, and easy to maintain, resulting in successful business and successful customers. Emphasis within the Digital Experience team is put on innovation for customers and accelerating movement of OpenText WCM/DX solutions to the cloud. She/he possesses strong business skills and the ability to transfer business knowledge to the Engineering and field organisations. Part of the role therefore is also to provide Blueprint scenarios which are business templates to be used by customers, partners and professional services.
This role reports into the Vice President, Product Management within the Customer Experience Management (CEM) business unit at OpenText.
You are great at:
• Developing and evolving the product strategy and roadmap for the WCM product portfolio in line with the Customer Experience Management product unit strategy, with emphasis on growing the current customer base and growing overall revenue
• Being responsible for product definition and delivery according to roadmaps
• Monitoring customer adoption, revenue achievement and investments
• Defining, constantly reviewing, and differentiating the feature sets of the TeamSite platform and the individual products in the WCM and Digital Experience market space
• Seeking out, understanding and articulating customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems, challenges and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, the product(s) to address them.
• Collaborating with other CEM product management leaders from areas including Digital Asset Management (DAM), Customer Communications Management (CCM), Workforce Optimization (WFO), and Intelligent Forms Automation to develop compelling use cases and integration across the CEM product portfolio.
• Working with analysts, subject matter experts and influencers, to best represent the product suite in the WCM market;
• Conducting regular market analysis and demonstrating thorough understanding of technology trends, competitive updates, pricing and user requirements;
• Managing the related product managers on the team, goal setting, mentoring, coaching and continuous review of team performance. Motivating and inspiring the team to achieve outstanding results.
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Computer Science or business preferred, MBA or a related Master’s degree a plus)
•7 to 10 years of product management/marketing experience with demonstrated knowledge of technology, industry and branding;
•Ability to be an inspiring leader for the team with both management and technical leadership
•Ability to analyse market and technology trends and assess the optimal course of action for profitability
•Must show strong experience working with products or applications directly related to the WCM industry, with clear understanding of WCM and digital experience principles.
•Experience will ideally include topics such as personalization, analytics, content authoring and publishing workflow, mobile app platforms, data management platforms, digital marketing applications, content delivery, optimization and testing, among others.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in English; German language skills a plus
•Skilled in presentations and discussions with business, technical, and executive staff
•Demonstrated experience and knowledge of digital experience software topics and related technologies, such as competing WCM solutions (e.g. Adobe, Sitecore, Drupal), personalization, testing and targeting (e.g. Optimizely, Maxymizer) and/or related experience technologies, such as Commerce, Marketing, and Service;
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act