Senior Consultant Product Manager, Life Sciences
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
As the Product Manager, you will work with OpenText colleagues to provide leadership in the development of the Life Sciences GMP compliant solution to ensure commercial success of the product. You will provide industry insights which drive solution strategy and product direction. You will be formulating tactics to support the growth associated with a product and / or product family. You will provide the insight into the competitive ecosystem. One of your responsibilities will be the execution of the product roll-out to the OpenText field organization and business partners. In close collaboration with the R&D team you will prioritize feature development and deliver new versions of the product in time and in quality. As product owner, you will be the ultimate responsible stakeholder for strategic product direction, roadmap and product delivery to our clients.
You are great at:
- Defining and building industry-leading products, bringing deep understanding of the industry and customer environment.
- Collecting and prioritizing market requirements for the Quality and Manufacturing related modules for the Life Sciences Solution suite (from Go-To-Market teams, customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, sales and R&D)
- Defining user stories and requirements for next generation technologies such as Mobile Applications, 3rd Party Tool Integrations, and Cloud offerings as they relate to the Quality and Manufacturing Domain.
- Developing and maintaining industry expertise in the area of Pharmaceutical GMP Compliance especially as it relates to document management.
- Working closely with the Life Sciences Clinical and Regulatory Product Managers to define the enterprise capabilities and direction of the Life Sciences Solution Suite.
- Supporting releases, launches, product sales and marketing to support effectiveness and any other components of product success.
- Developing and leading client strategic partner forums to collect feedback on product strategy and requirements
- Presenting at industry forums and to develop relationships with subject matter experts within the industry, with the intent to influence industry direction and thinking.
- Presenting software demonstrations to key customers, especially in early stages of product development and release while
conceptualizing and articulating product and business strategy.
- Developing and mentoring other consultants and product managers within the organization.
What it takes:
- 8+ years relevant experience with strong Life Sciences industry knowledge; expertise in GMP segment
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies with experience in Content Management
- Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
- Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites in different time zones
- Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player
- The ability to understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives and derive product requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English, comfortable in sales situations
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.