ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
With 3.5+ million developers using our open source Eclipse BIRT technology as their platform for data analytics and a proven track record of building highly scalable software platforms, OpenText is the market leader in open source and complementary commercial solutions for analytics based on BIRT. Our embedded analytics are deployed at most financial institutions and globally in other industries as well.
This position is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to work within an established and growing open source community and complementary commercial offerings. We are looking for someone to contribute to the BIRT platform and evolve it to the next level as a cognitive analytics platform, supporting Big Data.
You are great at:
• Developing new features and maintain existing product
• Being the technical thought leader and subject matter expert in the analytics platform
• Developing unit test plans, unit test cases and conduct the tests
• Troubleshooting business and production issues
What it takes:
MS or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience in Java development for high-performance applications
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum development model
• Strong skills in algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns.
• Team player, self-starter, motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion
• Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
Desired Skills & Requirements:
• Experience with Eclipse IDE
• Experience in performance-critical enterprise software development a strong plus
• Knowledge of business intelligence concepts a plus
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with HDFS/Hadoop/Spark/NoSQL databases a strong plus
• Experience with RDBMS, SQL
• Experience with Tomcat, Jetty or any J2EE container
• Experience with SWT/JFACE/GEF
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com