Manager, Facilities Western US
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Manager of Facilities, Western Region, is responsible for the overall delivery of facilities and property management services for offices located within the geographic region. This person will be expected to provide leadership and adhere to high operational standards in the Western US portfolio and to be based in the US HQ space which will be a showcase facility within the Americas.
You are great at:
- Providing leadership, supervision, team building, and performance management to employees directly reporting to position, including mentoring, coaching, training, etc.
- Coordinating and the oversight of the projects schedule implementation, furniture installation, moves and pre-move planning
- Space management and coordination, layout, and communication services utilizing company software systems (IWMS).
- Financial management of regional budget for facilities including planning, forecasting, capital expenditure and acquisition, cost estimates, providing justification on variance reports, processing quotations, purchase orders, invoices into company financial systems, and monitoring P-Card transactions for direct reports, etc.
- Inspecting construction and installation progress to ensure conformance with contracts and change order requirements.
- Performing facilities audits to company standards and take corrective action when deficiencies are noted.
- Maintaining facilities in accordance with health and safety legislation, Building Codes, and Fire Code, and preventative maintenance plans and contracted services.
- Acting as liaison for vendors (electrical, mechanical, public utilities, moving companies, etc.), landlords and property management, and evaluates performance for continued service delivery or cancellation.
- Consulting with clients regularly to encourage a collaborative environment and to solicit feedback on service offerings.
- Participating in corporate, departmental and divisional working groups, committees or special projects.
- Being responsible for the delivery of “facilities management - scope of services” in staffed and non-staffed facilities.
- Providing back up and assisting facility staff as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- 10 years in facilities management including managing or supervision of employees
- 2 years in Project Management experience
- College or University Degree in related field preferred
- Ability to commute effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Word and Excel experience and working knowledge of CAFM tools.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com