OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Top level Software Engineer, responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Actuate data analytics products in Windows and various UNIX platforms.
You are great at:
• Understanding the requirement specifications (or user scenarios, epics and stories). Producing functional and design specifications.
• Understanding the architecture of the product and underlying operating system.
• Developing new product / features in existing products in a robust and performance aware manner.
• Developing and executing unit tests.
• Resolving and debugging complex system problems.
• Maintaining existing product releases.
• Following rigorous Opentext software development process to achieve product development goals and time frames.
• Working with Product Manager, Customer Support, and other internal organizations to address product requirements and resolving customer issues.
What it takes:
• MSCS required preferably from a top school along with 10 years of software industry experience. Min 5+ years of experience in commercial server product development.
• Has been through full development cycle for at least one release of a commercial software product: preferably a programmable platform product (e.g. operating system, DBMS, application server, or similar).
• Expert knowledge of SQL and multi-dimensional modeling, hands-on experience in data analytics engine, data processing, transformation and generation.
• Familiar with algorithm designs for optimizing data storage, memory loading/retrieval and SQL optimization.
• Big data experience is a strong plus. Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera or Mongo DB preferred.
• Strong expertise with OO design and development, experience in Agile/Scrum development model.
• Java, C++ programming language experience are required. Experience or Knowledge of Scala is a strong plus.
• Experience resolving software problems in a multithreaded, server-side environment.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com