OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
With 3.5+ million developers using our open source Eclipse BIRT technology as their platform for data analytics and a proven track record of building highly scalable software, OpenText is the market leader in open source and commercial solutions for analytics. Our analytics are deployed at most financial institutions and globally in other industries as well.
If you can go well beyond just using the phrase “Big Data” and have the experience to be respected as an expert in it, this position is a unique opportunity to work with smart engineers on a modern code base and evolve our analytics software into a next-generation cognitive analytics platform.
You are great at:
• Being the technical thought leader and subject matter expert on the analytics platform
• Mentoring more junior engineers and guiding their learning on big data analytics and major open source platform efforts
• Being able to whiteboard and guide system-level architecture of a complex analytics software platform through discussion of pros and cons of design alternatives
• Being able to articulate design rationale to product managers and other functions who may not be as technically astute as you are
What it takes:
MS or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience in Java development for high-performance applications
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum development model
• Strong skills in algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns.
• Team player, self-starter, motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion
• Ability to communicate and build consensus amongst technical staff
• Practical experience with several of the following: Spark, Hadoop, MLLib, Graphx, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.
• You must have architected a enterprise-class software system at a major software vendor
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Knowledge of machine learning concepts and implementation a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com