Location: US, Virtual- WesternApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Open Text Professional Services team is comprised of more than 3000 consultants who act as trusted advisors, managing long lasting relationships with more than 100,000 customers around the world. They are responsible for the delivery of business solutions from pre-sales to post implementation. Our teams of experts help organizations solve issues, create value, improve business performance, and work more effectively in an increasingly digital world.
As a leader in OpenText Professional Services you will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and you will be recognized as a subject matter expert within the Enterprise Information Management space. From supporting your customer with the implementation of systems and optimization of our products, to conducting workshops on best practices, you will be travelling to different sites and there are never two days that look exactly the same. You will be supported with training on our solutions, be able to receive relevant certifications and have many opportunities for advancement.
OpenText (OT) Professional Services is an enabler to our customers seeking to realize Return on Investment (ROI) from their investment in OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) products. As a Director Consulting Services for the North America West Region, you will be responsible for all aspects related to Professional Services in your territory including selling services, delivering services, and managing a team of consultants. The position requires the selected applicant to live in the state of California (LA or San Francisco areas) or the Seattle, Washington area.
Such services includes the implementation of solutions based on OT products including development and support of custom solutions. The Director role works closely with the rest of the customer account team including Sales, Technical pre-sales, Value Engineering, and OT leads for other value-add services that can be provided to the clients in relation to solution realization including learning services, managed services, and cloud services. The Director also liaises with and brokers relationships with OT partners and other contractors to establish relationships in general and for specific projects.
The Director is responsible for Professional Services sales, revenue generation and customer success for their accounts within NA West Region while actively supporting peers in the West Region and across North America for mutual success against the OT mission of bookings, revenue, margin, and reference-ability. The Director is also responsible for the management of a team of Project Managers, based in the West region, including hiring, performance & compensation management, professional development, and other manager responsibilities.
You are great at:
• Managing a team and ensuring career plans, training plans and reviews are completed and ensuring and maintaining formal qualifications and certificates for all staff including: product and method certifications, security clearances, and work visas where required
• Ensuring timely delivery and management of resource forecasting, opportunity forecasting, proposal/SOW writing and achieving required approvals, contract and invoicing status using appropriate tools available;
• Planning and direction for all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analyses, establishing milestones, deliverables and budgets
• Formulating and managing strategies and project plans including:
1) Management of deliverables
2) Determination and tracking of project plans (including Work Breakdown Structures, timelines, resource plan training plans and any other related contractual milestones, plans, or milestones)
3) Regular project reviews and reporting
4) On-going risk, issue and change management; This is to be done for both time and material and fixed fee engagements.
• Analyzing and make decisions on projects, considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality and making trade-offs as appropriate for each project being managed
• Negotiating project deliverables/schedules/costing for services from external suppliers or other groups within Open Text;
• Working with the project manager to ensure tracking, monitoring and communicating project progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes, and milestones is occurring.
• Working with the sales team to generate revenue within existing accounts by proposing the full range of solution realization, enhancement, and operational services including updates, upgrades, customization to existing clients;
• Creating a pipeline of opportunity to generate bookings meeting quarterly budget expectations
• Actively supporting as required to the Professional Services team in writing responses to RFP’s, identifying and tracking opportunities including the participation in Business Development synergy meetings to ensure client account activities are communicated internally to other Open Text stakeholder
What it takes:
• University Degree or College Diploma combined with relevant IM/IT experience (10+ years) or equivalent.
• At least 7 years of experience with IT systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is an asset.
• Experience in managing teams and direct reports; ensuring objectives are met on time and budget.
• Expertise in complex business and technical processes and their implications across the enterprise. Knowledge of project management disciplines and processes.
• Experience selling Professional Services
• Knowledge of the Open Text product offerings and how to associate such to client’s business requirements
• Ability to use standard methodologies to quickly evaluate and size an opportunity. Being able to quickly assemble business requirements to OT modules and provide an estimate for budgetary purposes.
• Previous experience in planning and implementing large scale ECM projects.
• At least two years prior experience closing and directing engagements totaling at least $1 million in annual fees
• Prior experience as a senior manager in a big 5 or major consulting organization preferred
• Have experience selling to and/or working for major corporations within the west coast client base
• Strong presence and confidence, exhibiting professional maturity with at least 10 to 15 years working experience
• Solid work ethic with a willingness to work over time to meet client demands
• Willingness to travel, at times, up to 3-4 days per week
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.