Location: Netherlands, RotterdamApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The InfoArchive group of OpenText Enterprise Content Management platforms division is focusing on the development and maintenance of the InfoArchive product line. InfoArchive is a unified enterprise archiving platform that stores structured data and unstructured content in a single, consolidated repository. This product enables corporations to preserve the value of enterprise information in a single, easily accessible, unified archive. You will join the founding members of the InfoArchive team and will become responsible for part of the product.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the continuing success of InfoArchive product. You will work under little to no supervision and within general practices; implement features for a wide range of complex software modules in Java. To ensure product functionality completeness and the highest quality of work, you will work closely with product managers, QA engineers, technical writers, support engineers, and other engineering teams worldwide. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
You are great at:
• Implementing excellent code employing best practices and applicable design patterns
• Leading design specs, architectural reviews, unit tests and integration tests
• Working on unusually complex and sensitive problems and provide state-of-the art solutions that are highly creative.
• Acting as lead contributor to the team and the organization as a whole. May get involved in developing, mentoring or coaching others.
• Being accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipating issues and addressing them proactively
What it takes:
• MS or PhD in CS or a related technical field and 3+ years of enterprise software development experience
• 3+ years of software development experience using J2EE and tools
• Strong knowledge and experience with Java development and Spring framework
• Working knowledge of design patterns and architectural patterns
• Working knowledge of XML related standards (e.g. XSD, XQuery, XForm, parsing techniques)
• Working knowledge of data structures / operating systems / distributed systems / multithreading programming / performance optimization
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent English
• Practical experience with Agile/Lean software development methodologies, design patterns and architectural patterns
• Practical experience with REST architecture, HTML5, AngularJS
• Working knowledge of archiving solutions for structured data or unstructured contents
• Working knowledge of Business Intelligence / Data Analytics (e.g. Hadoop, Pivotal)
• Record Management awareness
• Practical experience with IntelliJ, Perforce, Jira, TeamCity, Ant, Maven, Gradle
• Practical experience with profiling java code
Please provide us with your CV in English.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.