Location: Canada, ON, Richmond Hill
Region: CanadaApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Open Text is seeking a talented, personable Senior User Experience Researcher. As a User Experience researcher, you will be expected to execute user research and conduct usability tests, including analysis of results and delivery of associated recommendations for improvements to our software products. You will develop and maintain repeatable, standardized usability test metrics. You will help identify and solve complex software design problems in an innovative, highly collaborative environment. The User Experience Design team works intimately with development to steer implementation details by advocating on behalf of the user in an in an agile/iterative product development environment.
You should be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision. The ability to organize your time and see projects through to completion is extremely important.
If you are comfortable with today's high-tech software and can provide design solutions for our software products, Open Text invites you to submit an application along with your most recent resume showing work history. Also provide a portfolio showing recent design work completed to date, relevant to the position (PDF, or Web URL).
You are great at:
- You will support Program and Product Management by performing user research, developing ongoing relationships with customers to build a shared understanding of their problems and needs
- You will with Product Management in helping to create the product backlog and define the user experience vision for the product.
- As part of your role, you will identify and create user personas, buyer personas, and scenarios.
- You will advocate user needs throughout the development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment to inspire the engineering team to develop the right product.
- Be able to validate designs with customers and other stakeholders in order to drive iterative improvements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Coordinate among multiple designers supporting a suite of products, line of business or business unit.
- You will be expected to participate in customer site visits, beta test visits, customer briefings, customer councils, user group meetings, technical conferences, seminars, etc. as appropriate and as budget permits (may travel 10% of time). You will creatively engage with customers via virtual councils, WebEx sessions, and other remote technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on customer-centered design principles and methodologies.
- You will contribute to and help champion User Experience Design team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a customer-centered culture.
- Bring awareness of competitive software and emerging advances in the User Experience field, including interaction design, usability, user-centered design methods and state-of-the-art user interface technology into the company.
What it takes:
- 5+ years working with an experience design team… applicants with eclectic backgrounds welcome
- Passionate about creating products that best serve the needs of the user
- Effective at influencing and convincing colleagues, and highly motivated to effect change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conceptualize complex systems
- Demonstrated results-oriented work ethic and consistent record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent listener, facilitator, communicator, and team player
- Self-reliant, used to taking initiative, and great at follow-up
- Creative, with solid understanding of interaction design best practices / principles
- Usability testing, including recruit screening, experimental design, behavioral & performance observations, analysis & interpretation of test results and writing reports with easily understood prioritized issues and actionable recommendations.
- Testing products against design criteria, identifying points of departure from both internal and external GUI standards.
- Strong technical background or the ability to quickly understand and articulate interactions in a complex technical environment
- Experience helping design/improve complex enterprise applications
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or related HCI discipline, or demonstrated proficiency and experience in the field of user research and analysis. Advanced degree and eight plus years industry experience preferred.
- Experience in ECM, SAP, RM, BPM, ERP, WCM, Analytics preferred
- UI development experience on web, desktop, or mobile platforms a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.