Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Are you a UX Designer who has a passion for developing efficient, engaging interactions?
Do you love seeing your designs translated into real software that rocks?
We believe that when designing an excellent user experience, interaction design is the core discipline that matters. Therefore, we want to add to our UXD team an individual with a passion for solving complex problems with simple, elegant interactions.
We are proud of our reputation as the leader in enterprise content management and are emerging as a leader in the enterprise cloud space. This is an exciting time to join our team, as we are in the early stages of releasing our next generation of our products.
You are great at:
• Providing design support for our software product teams
• Engaging regularly with product managers, engineers, and other UX designers to produce the best designs possible
• Developing prototypes to be used in these contexts:
o Usability testing and feedback on proposed features and products
o Proofs of concept for UX Designers and Product Managers
o Primary design artifacts used to communicate design to engineering
• Working closely with other UX Designers and Product Managers to understand features to be prototyped.
• Maintaining design assets and documentation.
What it takes:
• Providing the appropriate fidelity of the design based on time constraints or concept maturity.
• Putting the user first.
• Rapid turn-around of designs and prototypes
• Ability to develop prototypes for desktop browsers as well as mobile devices.
• Good understanding of responsive design principles
• Ability to write design specifications that are clear, lightweight and thorough.
• Basic visual design skills. You should be able to develop prototypes that look like finished, well-polished software. This is not a visual design position, but basic skills in this area will go a long way.
• Ability to lead design exercises and workshops.
• Ability to understand complex technical problems. Our software addresses some pretty complex business problems, so understanding technical requirements and constraints can be helpful.
• Working knowledge of UI framework concepts (examples: Angular JS, Bootstrap, Sencha, D3). No coding will be required, but understanding how frameworks work may inform design proposals.
• Mastery of at least one prototyping tool and a working familiarity with others. Our primary tools are InVision and Axure RP, but are open to other options if the result is compelling prototypes.
• 3+ years experience in developing prototypes.
• Experience designing complex systems.
• Demonstrated design talent and creativity, as well as the ability to develop concepts and lead the design process.
• Demonstrated high proficiency in leading design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Adobe CC, InVision
• BFA or BA degree in design related studies
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.