Location: Canada, ON, Richmond HillApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is looking for a Senior Product Manager with B2B experience servicing the Retail, Manufacturing and Financial industries through cloud SaaS-based solutions to join the Business Network business unit. The Product Manager develops the product strategy, drives the definition and the delivery of product releases and is responsible for the full life cycle of the product. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out.
In this role the Sr Product Manager will drive the Business Network delivery of eInvoicing and P2P SaaS-based programs across product portfolios, incorporating the best solutions in OpenText into the Business Network offerings. This role will require a strong understanding of eInvoicing, supply chain management, SaaS solutions, and managed services delivery and support models.
The Sr Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for a product. They maintain close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, development leads, product architects, and key customers. A strong technical background is required.
You are great at:
Discovering and validating market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Seeking new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Providing oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the product
• Create and maintain the business plan including pricing
• Creating buy/build/partner recommendations
• Approving final marketing and go-to-market plans
• Conducting technology assessments
• Analyzing the competitive landscape
• Working with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Maintaining the product roadmap and represent it for the product internally and externally
• Monitoring and incorporating industry innovations
• Defining user personas for individual products
• Writing and prioritizing product requirements and use cases
• Working closely with product developments scrum teams to ensure product is built to specifications
• Assisting the documentation group in developing released documentation and guides
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information systems, business, supply chain, or logistics & transportation. MBA is a plus.
• Experience in defining and managing horizontal or vertical software solutions, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• 5-7+ years Product Management experience in supply chain, retail, or enterprise resource planning software.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations, proven through former activities
• Strong background in consumer or enterprise software user experience strategy, design, and development
• More than 5 years of experience in SaaS solutions
• • Ability to handle large-scale project management for concurrent initiatives
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English language
• Willingness to travel globally approximately 10%
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented
• Strong leadership skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.